Samantha had her 3rd birthday last week.
This meant a fun party. Cake. Toys. Excitement! It also means it’s time for the annual doctor’s visit!
Luckily, this trip didn’t include any shots. It did include the traditional yearly pamphlet that I love so much:
Milestones: Your Child’s 3rd Year
During the 3rd year, your child:
- is eager and energetic
- completes simple puzzles
- can cut a piece of paper into a silhouette of Walter Cronkite
- can draw a square
- begins to appreciate Adam West’s Batman on a more ironic level
- starts to memorize numbers, particularly those on credit cards
- can pour liquid from a pitcher directly onto the floor
- begins to swing arms like an adult when she walks *
- starts doing your taxes, but inevitably forgets deductions, costing you thousands of dollars
~ ~ ~
That’s not the entire list, but those are the highlights. The rest is mostly filler.
* I swear to you, this one is real.